Hello Friends!
You know that I am terrible at posting updates on blogs and such but this semester I have to update a blog for my new internship!
A brief recap of why I am back in Vermillion, South Dakota:
The South Dakota Board of Regents approved a certificate in Museum and Archival studies here at the University of South Dakota this past May. I had expressed an interest in working at a museum or library to Dr. Burrow, a professor in the history department and head of the graduate students in said department. He told me that I should come back in the fall since all I needed were the internship credits to complete the certificate. After weighing all of my options available to me I emailed him and let him know that I would come back.
It works out to my advantage because I still have to complete my thesis (pray for me you guys, I think writing this thesis will bring me to an early grave.) I also get some really awesome hands on training at the USD I.D. Weeks Library and the National Music Museum.
In the blog you will find reflections on reading that I have to to for my library internship (Hello Lisa!) and musing I have as I discover what it is like to work in an archive and museum.
I also hope to have Youtube videos throughout this semester. The link below is to my channel- despite it looking super drab right now. I will spiffy it up sooner rather than later.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyuzWgIA5pizwxieckmERQ
Peace and Hugs!
-Kylie
You know that I am terrible at posting updates on blogs and such but this semester I have to update a blog for my new internship!
A brief recap of why I am back in Vermillion, South Dakota:
The South Dakota Board of Regents approved a certificate in Museum and Archival studies here at the University of South Dakota this past May. I had expressed an interest in working at a museum or library to Dr. Burrow, a professor in the history department and head of the graduate students in said department. He told me that I should come back in the fall since all I needed were the internship credits to complete the certificate. After weighing all of my options available to me I emailed him and let him know that I would come back.
It works out to my advantage because I still have to complete my thesis (pray for me you guys, I think writing this thesis will bring me to an early grave.) I also get some really awesome hands on training at the USD I.D. Weeks Library and the National Music Museum.
In the blog you will find reflections on reading that I have to to for my library internship (Hello Lisa!) and musing I have as I discover what it is like to work in an archive and museum.
I also hope to have Youtube videos throughout this semester. The link below is to my channel- despite it looking super drab right now. I will spiffy it up sooner rather than later.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyuzWgIA5pizwxieckmERQ
Peace and Hugs!
-Kylie
No comments:
Post a Comment